Fundraiser, Project Coordinator
Commission based Position
Job Title: Fundraiser, Project Coordinator
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Start Date: Immediately, or as soon as possible.
Hours: Negotiable. Need to raise $5,000.00 by early-May, 2016.
Bonus offer if more is raised!
Commission: 20%, somewhat negotiable.
Please Note the following:
- A current and valid police background check must be provided.
- Applicant must be willing to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
- Applicant must be a non-smoker, and not wear scented cosmetics, as employer has Asthma and is allergic to many scented products.
- Employee needs to pay own bus tickets/pass and occasional gas and related vehicle expenses.
- A preference will be given to the applicant who will make this position an important priority.
Position Requirements – Applicant needs to:
- Be highly motivated, creative, and take initiative.
- MUST BE ETHICAL.
- Enjoy being active and meeting people.
- Be flexible and willing to accept direction.
- Be a self starter, capable of identifying a need, and taking independent action.
- Work closely with the employer.
- Work well independently, as well as with others.
- Organize a team of enthusiastic individuals who are will to help with fundraising efforts.
- Co-ordinate and carry out fundraising initiatives alone and with others.
- Investigate and negotiate possible sponsorship (in kind and in cash) for employer’s projects.
- Log and summarize all post event activities – what worked, what didn’t, what was learned.
- Strategize with employer and donors/sponsors, to assist employer to find best fundraising solutions and practices.
- Maintain a high level of good relations with donors, sponsors, volunteers and respond to inquiries and concerns.
- Have a positive, well mannered, easy-going, non-institutional attitude.
- Easy to contact by both cell phone and e-mail.
- Willing to travel by bus when employer uses her power chair.
- All other duties as assigned.
- PERSON MUST BE EXTREMELY RELIABLE.
- Needs to be familiar with various aspects of social media and how to use it effectively.
- Have proficient computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and planning skills are required.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, to successfully interact with others.
- Previous experience is not essential, but will be an asset.
To initiate the application process:
E-mail: email@example.com with “Fundraiser Job Applicant” as the subject line. In your e-mail include why you are interested in this job and why you feel you would be a good person for this position. If you can describe concrete examples of your reliability and other skills listed above, please do so.
Also visit: www.gofundme.com/gerianne for more details.